TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Most of the ones with a long time on them were 2.5"
People Seeking Info

Subject Most of the ones with a long time on them were 2.5"

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on January 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 940 times.

In Reply To What kind of exhaust were you running off each these setups? posted by ZiNnYc on January 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Message since that was what we all used for so long.
I do know of a couple with at least 40 to 50K on them with 3 inch though.

You need to consider that these cars are now 20 years old and if the turbos are still stock and they already have 100 to 200K on them as most do at least around where I live.
It is reasonable to assume running a turbo at a higher RPM when already extremely worn could finish it off.
The other issue at this point is a lot of these cars have had multiple owners and some do not take the best care in changing oil that can cause excessive wear on a bushing turbo.
My conclusion is I have knowledge of folks that have owned these cars since new that regularly service them and regularly push them hard with race fuel.
One of these people is a man name Sunny that bought his car new in 1990 and installed sport 500 Turbos in 1994.
He has run only race fuel the whole time at 20 PSI and he now has 180K on the car and the car runs as good as the day he got it and does not smoke or burn oil between oil changes that he regularly does every 3000 miles.

:

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.